In which we, the overseers of all things related to the Dons, take two seemingly unrelated topics and show you how they are indeed related. This week, we’re going to reveal exactly how Dons defensive maestro and sublime tackler, Antony Kay, and a tub of lard are seamlessly entwined.
- Antony Kay is a defender who hideously mistimed a tackle which injured a member of the opposing team
- Not apologising for said foul isn’t an achievement to be proud of
- Pierre-Joseph Proudhon was a French politician and the founder of mutualist philosophy
- Philosophy is the study of the general and fundamental nature of reality, existence, knowledge, values, and reason
- For no reason whatsoever, Roy Hattersley was replaced on the topical quiz show ‘Have I Got News For You’ by a tub of lard
- And, finally, although it offered absolutely nothing to the game (apart from making up the numbers), the tub of lard was still invited back to play again the week after!
I thank you.