Ten Memorable Years: The Event
Doesn’t time fly when you’re having fun?
It’s been 10 years since The Dons first arrived in MK, and 10 years since the Supporters Association was formed. It’s always a great idea to celebrate any major landmark (it’s all history you see 😉 ) and rather than just chant “It only took ten years” at other supporters who couldn’t give a toss, we decided it would be more fun to have a party.
At 7pm on Saturday 19th October, after the home match against Rotherham you (yes you!) get the chance to walk into the main hotel reception, turn left and spend an evening in the luxury that is the Players Lounge.
Included in the price of your ticket are
- Music and dancing provided by none other than local legend Luke Ashmead (he may be a sc***** but he’s OUR sc*****)
- A bar so you can drink stuff. Before you get too excited, the bar is included in the price of your ticket – the drinks aren’t
- Dean Lewington – I’ve no idea what he’s going to be doing while there, but I’m rather pleased that he’s going to be there
- Food so you can eat stuff – the food is included in the price of your ticket
- Live ‘entertainment’ from Tony Stratford (local tosser)
- A prize quiz where someone will win a 42 inch Panasonic HD Television!
- A prize raffle (does any other country have raffles or is it just us?)
- An auction of fantastic sporting memorabilia including a “Heel of God” t-shirt signed by Jon Otsemobor, a pair of football boots worn and signed by player of the year Shaun Williams and a Wimbledon football shirt signed by the squad who played for the Dons during their first season in Milton Keynes. The stand out item however is the chance to travel with the management and team to an away match on the team coach with a complimentary ticket to watch the match.
Tickets are on sale now and for SA members they’re a stunningly low, less than a price of a half of flat lager in the red dot bar £3.50. If you’re not a member, then worry not – you can still attend – you get two choices though. You can just pay the still incredibly low, less than a quarter of a Dons Onesie £5.50 or if you’re feeling adventurous (and I think you should be – ten years remember) then you can pay the still rather low, less than the price of a Dons Pencil Case (probably) £8.50, and that will get you entry into the party and a full 12 months of membership to the MKDSA.
For more details (and by more details I mean the actual text rather than the crap I bastardised to make this post) or to buy your tickets online (fancy eh?) then visit here.
You must log in to post a comment.